Monday 20 February 2012

Because of my Guardian Angel...

It was a beautiful summer day in Italy where I grew up. Every year, during school vacation, I visited with my family a small seaside town in Tuscany. Both me and my youngest brother, after being at the beach, used to play the rest of the afternoon outside with our friends. Riding our bikes, playing hide and seek, were one of our favorite games. It was a very safe neighborhood, and our mom knew that we would always be back home for dinner on time, so she never really worried.
It was just one day when things turned around for the worst and we both got in so much trouble.

"There was a girl visiting from a different town, she was staying with relatives, she seemed very nice so we trusted her and she was also a couple of years older than us.
We took a walk together, it ended up being a very long walk. We became confused about our surroundings and on top of that we found ourselves wandering close by an old cemetery.
As most of young children are, we were also pretty scared of a cemetery.
Those days in a small town like the one we were spending the summer, we used to hear from older people lots of stories about the deads and superstitions were very common. The young girl seemed to be very interested about those stories, that she started to share them with us.
It wasn't funny, me and my brother became very anxious, she kept threating us that she knew the cemetery keeper and that he was a very mean man, who didn't like children.
Hours went by and we both didn't realize that it was sunset and soon was going to be dark. We imagined our mom being worried so we told the girl that we needed to go back home. She stopped us from leaving and she looked very angry. Me and my brother we both started to cry and run, hiding in the crop's field, to make sure she couldn't find us.
As a miracle, the girl suddenly disappeared and we finally found our way back home. It was pretty  dark now, passed our dinner time. Our mom spent hours outside trying to find us, and the neighbors as well. We finally got home, and both exhausted we sat by the porch.
We both were crying so loud, worrying about the consequences, when suddenly we heard a voice...the most angelic one I have ever heard before...it felt it was coming from above and said "Don't cry,  God is going to help you!" I stopped crying and asked my brother if he also heard those words. He looked at me and said that he did. He thought the voice came from the huge oak tree in our garden.
I knew then in my heart, that God sent us an angel to keep us calm.. We told our mom the story and she believed us...Still these days when I struggle, the same angelic voice appears in my head, and I know that everything is going to be alright. My guardian angel is always there to love and protect me!"

No comments:

Post a Comment